Monday, February 2, 2009

Silly Monkey



Curious George's First Day of School by Margret & H.A. Rey

Now who doesn't love a story about a silly little monkey brought to the United States by a man in a yellow hat? Curious George has been around as long as I remember. My Dad used to read me one of the Rey's stories every night for bed. I always swore that when I was older I was going to bring a monkey back from a vacation. I wanted my "George" to do everything with me.

The illustrations in this book, once again, allow the reader to tell the story without having to know every word on the page. They are whimsical and detailed. The illustrators use of colors allows the drawings to jump off of the pages. The giggles that my children provide while reading these stories wants me to have all children experience the brilliance of Margret and H.A. Rey. I fully intend to have the whole collection of Curious George in my classroom library.

No comments:

Post a Comment